The peer-review process consists of the following steps:
- Authors submit their manuscript via email to the Managing Editor.
- The Managing Editor acknowledges receipt of the manuscript and assigns a manuscript ID for future correspondence.
- Two members of the editorial board determine whether the manuscript fits well with the scope of the journals. If so, the manuscript will be submitted for comment to at least 2 reviewers (subject matter experts) for comment. JASEM uses a double-blind peer review process where both reviewers and authors do not know each other. If the editorial team believes that the manuscript does not fit the scope, a rejection email will be sent to the authors within 2 weeks.
- Reviewers are usually given two weeks. However, at some point, we extend the submission deadline, if requested. Once the feedback is received, the managing editor compiles all comments. After a discussion with the main editorial team (Managing Editor and Chief Editors), the managing editor submit all comments to the authors with a decision (minor, major or reject). In case of no clear decision (for example, 1 accept, 1 reject), the Managing Editor decides to submit the paper to another (3rd) reviewer.
- Once a revision is received from the authors, the managing editor forwards the revised manuscript and compliance report to the reviewers for their feedback. The process continues until the referees are satisfied.
- Based on the recommendation of the referees, the editorial committee (Managing Editor and Chief Editors) jointly decides and informs the author(s) about the final decision. If accepted, the final manuscript version will be submitted to the production team for formatting in accordance with the guidelines.
- Production team contacts authors to check the final proof before publishing it online. The process will continue until all issues/corrections are addressed.
- The production team will then upload and publish the article and officially notify the authors.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.